This Policy was last updated on 5 April 2023.
Cirrus8 values and respects the privacy of the people we deal with. Cirrus8 is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and other applicable privacy laws and regulations.
“Cirrus8” means Cir8 Pty Ltd trading as Cirrus8.
“Overseas recipients” means employees or contractors of Cirrus8 that reside in a country other than Australia. All overseas employees and contractors have agreed to abide by the Australian Privacy Laws.
“Personal information” means any information or opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. In general terms, this includes information or an opinion that personally identifies you either directly (e.g. your name) or indirectly.
“Sensitive information” means information or an opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, pollical opinions, religious beliefs etc. as defined in Section 6 of the Privacy Act 1988.
“Service” means the hosted software platform made available through the Internet or mobile application for users to use. It consists of an online property management, accounting and related services platform, including but not limited to Cirrus8, CirrusFM, the Executive Dashboard and automated invoicing (as may be changed or updated from time to time by Cirrus8).
“Website” means our public website held at www.cirrus8.com.au including linked pages.
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect about you depends on the nature of your dealings with us or what you choose to share with us. We do not collect any sensitive information.
The personal information we collect about you may include:
- Job Title;
- Mailing or Stree Address;
- Email Address;
- Phone Number;
- Banking Details;
- Communication Information.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you when you:
- interact with us over the phone;
- interact with us in person;
- interact with us by email;
- interact with us online;
- interact with us by mail;
- utilize our Service;
- participate in surveys or questionnaires;
- attend a Cirrus8 event;
- subscribe to our mailing list;
- apply for a position with us as an employee.
When you use our services, or interact with us, we collect certain personal information automatically from you.
Specifically, the information we can collect automatically includes:
- Device information – IP addresses, device information (mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, device and application identification number.
- Usage information such as date and time of visits, pages viewed, time spent on a page.
- The content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
How do we use your personal information?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, providing customer service and making available other items and services to our customers and prospective customers. Some of the purposes include the following:
- provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- deliver to you a more personalised experience and service offering;
- improve the quality of the services we offer;
- internal administrative purposes;
- marketing and research purposes;
- provide industry research material on an anonymised basis;
- to enhance cyber security over information we hold;
- to improve the services offered by Cirrus8;
- to provide you with support assistance if you reach out to our support team.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in accordance with this Policy in circumstances where you would reasonably expect us to disclose your information. For example, we may disclose your personal information to:
- our third-party service providers (for example, our IT providers)
- our marketing providers;
- our professional services advisors;
- third parties when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.
Transfer of personal information overseas
Part of our services may be performed by Overseas Recipients mostly resident in the Philippines. Some of the third-party service providers we disclose personal information to may be based in or have servers located outside of Australia.
Where we disclose your personal information to third parties overseas, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that data security and appropriate privacy practices are maintained. We will only disclose to overseas third parties if:
- you have given us your consent to disclose personal information to that third party; or
- we reasonably believe that:
- the overseas recipient is subject to a law or binding scheme that is, overall, substantially similar to the Australia’s laws, and
- the law or binding scheme can be enforced; or
- the disclosure is required or authorised by an Australian law or court / tribunal order.
How do we protect your personal information?
Cirrus8 will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold about you is kept confidential and secure, including by:
- having a robust physical security of our premises and databases / records;
- taking measures to restrict access to only personnel who need that personal information to effectively provide services to you;
- having robust logical security measures in place to restrict unauthorised access to systems that contain personal information;
- having other technological measures in place (for example, anti-virus software, firewalls).
How do we protect your information and secure information transmissions?
Email is not recognised as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. However, doing so is allowed, but at your own risk. Some of the information you may enter on our website may be transmitted securely via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL. Cirrus8 never transmits credit card information via email. Cirrus8 may use software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, Cirrus8 uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorised attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Our website uses Google Analytics and Hubspot Tracking Codes to help us better understand visitor traffic, so we can improve our services. Although this data is mostly anonymous, it is possible that under certain circumstances, we may connect it to you.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services, opportunities, or events that we consider may be of interest to you if you have requested or consented to receive such communications.
These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, online embedded in the Service and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Australian Spam Act 2003 (Cth). You consent to us sending you those direct marketing communications by any of those methods. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the instructions to “unsubscribe'' set out in the relevant communication or by making a request using the “contact us” button on our website.
Retention of personal information
We will not keep your personal information for longer than we need to. In most cases, this means that we will only retain your personal information for the duration of your relationship with us unless we are required to retain your personal information to comply with applicable laws, for example record-keeping obligations.
International Data Transfers
How to access and correct your personal information?
Cirrus8 will endeavour to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date. If you wish to make a request to access and / or correct the personal information we hold about you, you should make a request by contacting us by email to email@example.com and we will usually respond within 10 days.
Links to third-party sites
Cirrus8 website(s) may contain links to websites operated by third parties. If you access a third party website through our website(s), personal information may be collected by that third party website. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third-party provider or website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party provider or website.
Third party providers / websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Children are not eligible to use our website and Service and we ask that minors (under the age of 18) do not submit any personal information to us. If you are a minor, you can use this site only in conjunction with permission and guidance from your parents or guardians.
Inquiries and complaints
For complaints about how Cirrus8 handles, processes or manages your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Note we may require proof of your identity and full details of your request before we can process your complaint.
Please allow up to 10 business days for Cirrus8 to respond to your complaint. It will not always be possible to resolve a complaint to everyone’s satisfaction. If you are not satisfied with Cirrus8’s response to a complaint, you have the right to contact the Office of Australian Information Commissioner (at www.oaic.gov.au/) to lodge a complaint.
How to contact us
If you have a question or concern in relation to our handling of your personal information or this Policy, you can contact us for assistance as follows:
CIR8 Pty. Ltd. trading as Cirrus8
ABN 11 610 625 173